Friday 7 May 2010

Finally I decided the question for my dissertation ‘From the Consumer’s Perspective: Given 21st Century Technology, Are High Street Travel Agents a Thing of the Past? Because from reviewing the academic literature and journal articles about the topic, I discovered that most previous researches focused to deal the impact of internet on travel agents from the customer relations management (CRM) and the operational issues related to travel business but few searched the topic from the consumers side which I believe is the main mover for the whole tourism and travel industry. I also decided to focus my research on the British travel business context.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hossam, very interesting topic indead. What kind of research are you going to conduct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, from reading some books about research methods like Saunders et al (2009), Veal (1997), and Creswell (2003). I believe that the most suitable method to follow is the quantitative approach, I’m aiming to collect my primary data through conducting questionnaire survey in an airport with 150 participants as a sample, I hope I’m not very ambitious about the number of participants.

    ReplyDelete